Child care and early learning professionals must meet health & safety and training requirements that are regulated by the Washington State Department of Early Learning (DEL). You can find this information on DEL's website here.
There are many options available to early learning professionals to increase their early childhood education knowledge and skills, as well as to meet annual training requirements. Some of these options include:
- Child Care Aware of Washington's Professional Development Academy - We have been providing continuing education for over 26 years, and have become the most trusted, valued and connected training source in Washington State.
- Early Achievers Trainings - Early Achievers trainings are offered at your local Child Care Aware of Washington office. Contact your to learn more.
- Higher Education - Early learning professionals can find a wide variety of coursework to meet your educational goals. We provide scholarships to eligible scholars. Learn more about our scholarship program, Washington Scholarships for Child Care Professionals.
- Online Trainings - Click here to access the Early Achievers required online trainings.
The following tools are available to help early learning professional manage their professional development:
- DEL's Early Childhood Education Career Planning Portal - This interactive, online tool can help you plan the steps to take to broaden your career in early learning. It features "day-in-the-life" snapshots of what different ECE careers look like, as well as a wealth of information about scholarships, the different degrees available and much more.
- DEL's Training Library for early learning professionals: DEL's Training Library can connect early learning professionals to great research, resources, best practices and online continuing education opportunities.
- Stackable Certificates in Early Childhood Education: The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) and DEL created the Stackable Certificate program offered at approximately 20 community colleges statewide.
- Financial support for early learning professionals: In addition to our Washington Scholarships program, there are other resources to help pay for early learning higher education.
- Core competencies for early learning and school-age professionals: Washington's Core Competencies for early learning professionals define what professionals need to know and be able to do to provide quality education and care to young children.